Thursday, February 16, 2012

Training to Teach

Seminarian Henry is a student-pastor in Medellín, Colombia. He serves Holy Trinity congregation and assists in training ministerial leaders. Currently, he receives his seminary training by visiting LATTE Professors along with online education while continuing to serve his congregation members and teaching others.



Why did you decide to prepare for the ministry?
In the plans for my life, I never had the idea of being a pastor. When God called me through the church in 2004 to be pastor of my congregation, I began to prepare for the ministry.

How are you putting your seminary training into practice?
Currently, I am instructing the brothers who have been called for the public ministry.

How do you hope to serve?
I hope to serve with love, and I ask God that I never become disconnected from Christ. In my prayers, I pray that God would have me serve him wherever he puts me.

What is your favorite Bible passage?
God shows his love for us in this, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Why?
I like this passage because it reminds me that I am a sinner and that at the same time I am forgiven.


No comments: